Monday, January 10, 2011

Our first grandchild has arrived.

Last night, Sunday, Januar 9, 2011, around 9:30 p.m., snow began falling, heavily. We were expecting it and were well prepared for power outage and no water.  We awakened to the phone ringing at 5:30 a.m. Monday morning, our son telling us they were headed to the hospital. Because of the weather they changed plans and headed to the local medical center rather than the hospital their doctors practice from.

We arrived about 7:30 a.m. and waited until our first grandchild arrived about 3:45 p.m. Mother and baby fine. We held him and took some pics, then hurriedly left for home before the roads became impassable with icy conditions.

Praise God for He has given!!! To God be the Glory, great things He has done.

Our lives radically changed today. My prayer is that I will be as patient and loving as my grandmother was with me and I will impact my grandchild in positive ways as my mother and mother-in-law have our sons.

God bless,
V

1 comment:

  1. Hi, friend! Let me be the first person to comment on your blog. Your sweet thoughts on my post made me tear up this a.m. with all the love & support that I'm feeling right now. Can't wait to spend more time with you (and see that new little boy). Love you, friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete