Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Journey Begins

Thank you for dropping by. As you can see my blog has been inactive. But....today I begin sharing my weight loss journey with you! I'm 58 years old now. In 1999 I had a miscarriage at the age of 42. It was physically and emotionally devastating and I turned to my old friend, food, for comfort. Since then, I have dropped below 200 pounds only twice! Once on the Daniel Fast and once on a weight loss program I did have some success with. But...LIFE kept getting in the way of my very best efforts! In 2008 my father passed away after a brief illness thrusting me into care taking mode of my mother. In 2012, my mother had surgery and became much more dependent upon me. These are not excuses, rather the emotional episodes that triggered my unhealthy eating patterns of turning to food for comfort.

It's true! A picture is worth a thousand words! So today, I want to share with you my before and after pictures with "before" taken JAN 12 and "after" JAN 31. The greatest improvements are in my belly and a saggy area around my neck/chin. These improvements are after losing only 11.2 pounds! That is why our program advises us to take a picture on Day One and again after losing 10 pounds! So glad I did because these pictures have really motivated me to work the program as it is designed to be worked! Today is Day #24 on program and my total weight loss to date is 13.2 pounds! I am so thankful for the opportunity to share my journey with you! May God bless you as you strive for a healthy lifestyle!









1 comment:

  1. I'm on a friend's computer, butI can't believe the difference 13lbs makes...I would have guessed 20! I came over after reading your post on Rhoda's blog and will now subscribe. I'm hope your posts will help keep us BOTH motivated! :) Teresa

    ReplyDelete